The Liverpool Aviation Fair
Images from previous events...
SUNDAY JULY 19th 2009
11am - 5pm
Crowne Plaze Hotel, Speke Aerodrome.
Each year since 2005 we have hosted an aviation-themed fair at the old Speke airport site.
The purpose of the fair has been to raise money to keep the Jetstream Club
going for another year, to raise awareness of what we do, to inspire our
younger visitors to get involved - and to raise funds for other local
This years principal beneficiary will be the North West Air Ambulance. This
amazing team has been operational since 1999 and their annual costs are a
staggering £3,500,000 - all of which is raised through public
If all goes well, at this years fair you can - amongst other things - expect to see:
At the time of writing there is still a limited space available for indoor
traders/exhibitors. For details, please contact me as soon as possible.
- Our three aircraft: the Jetstream, the Grumman AA1 and the Percival Prince.
- The Merseyside Police EC135 Helicopter.
- A Jetranger helicopter providing short pleasure flights.
- A Bell-47 helicopter - as immortalised by the famous MASH tv series.
- Possibly a vietnam-era Loach helicopter. (keep all your fingers crossed!)
- A gaggle of dragsters.
- American & Classic Cars.
- Sea Cadet Band - very popular at last years event.
- The Liverpool Land Rover Society.
- The guys from 4 para - come and meet a war hero, and see what it takes to
handle a parachute.
- Some very nice Vintage Fire Tenders.
- Fun Fair.
- and more !
ACCESS AND PARKING! As for last years event, our neighbours at Shop Direct have
very generously allowed us use of their car park which is adjacent to the
hotel. This means that for visitors coming by car, access is via Estuary
Boulevard. Look for signs. Disabled visitors and those arriving on foot may
gain access via the Crowne Plaza itself. Again, look for signs.
THANKS are due to the Crowne Plaza Hotel who allow us to run the fair each
year. The hotel have been unwavering in their support of all we do and it's
not too often that we get the chance to publicly thank them. Major thanks
are also due to Shop Direct for the very kind use of their car park. The
event has grown sufficiently over the years that without their generosity we
simply would not have had the space to continue. Thank you all !
If you have something interesting you would like to bring along - please call me
on 07721 638311 or email me at:
Roy Coates - Club Chairman